Tuesday, August 14, 2012

halfway through august || life







I spent an awesome weekend in Chicago at the beginning of August with my cousins and friends. I went to Lollapalooza for the first time. I loved it. I saw Sigur Ros, Of Monsters and Men, Jack White, Justice, Kaskade, Bombay Bicycle Club and some other randoms. It was like we were in a whole new world. Everyone is half-naked and so free. It was pretty fun to also observe the people that were there.

I also loved this weekend because we went good quality time with our cousins. I have a bad history of going to Chicago for a wedding or a church event and often I wouldn't see my cousins, or I'd see them for a really short time. This time was different. It was good to reconnect with Grace, Paul and Helen. When we were younger our age difference kind of restricted what we'd talk about and what we would do, but now that we're all in our 20s, we could all talk about similar things... even if it was usually about weddings.

I still can't believe that August is halfway over. I'm off to school in about 3 weeks. I was hecka nervous about it. I was even considering just dropping out after first year, go find a job and get started on my life. I have a lot more to say on that. There was a lot of fear in regards to my future and I didn't want to waste my time. But I'm starting to recognize that I have to go through the process in order to get to where I want to.

I hope you've all been having an awesome August. Summer is almost over!

9 comments:

  1. we were in Chicago at the same time !! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your new layout!

    chicago looked fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing you and catching up! Best of luck with school and everything this upcoming fall!! Wish you were here this weekend for my birthday...my old lady birthday. I will no longer be in my 20s with you cousins lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicago was great, awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been having some fun adventures! =D Praying school starts smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU WENT! OH MY GOSH!! HOW COOL!!!!!!!!!!

    *ahem* *regains posture* Oh, how lovely. So sad to see summer go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened to Of Monsters and Men consistently this summer...so so good. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures lovely! You are such a great photographer:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? August is half way over? Craziness! I love these photos of your life! Of Monsters & Men....jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)