Saturday, June 9, 2012

my dearests || my life

Last week, as I was on my way to California, my lovely friend Hannah and fellow blogger awarded me with my first blog award! I actually had no idea what it was but I was still pretty stoked about it. I met up with Hannah aka Umma Shin briefly in California since her and her family just moved there. Thank you Hannah

Hannah is an amazing mother of two who crochets and knits some of the cutest accessories for babies. Check out her facebook page and her etsy page (her shop is currently under renovation). 


"Liebster" means "dearest" in German and the award is given to up-and coming, read-worthy blogs with less than 200 followers. 

Here are my nominations:

1. Melody [Spit on the Street] - a very close friend of mine in Korea. Her stories are always so funny. I actually don't know how many followers she has, but her blog is read-worthy whether you know her or not. 
2. Allie [Allie Spencer Blog] - a fellow Canadian blogger that actually lives very close to me. I love her photography and her insights to life. Check her out.
3. Emily [The Ramblings of Emily] - I am always encouraged by her and her honesty. 
4. Natalie [Heart Stirrings] - Natalie is a wise woman. Her words are always encouraging. There are always thought-provoking series on here so I'd check it out!
5. Rebekkah [Rebekkah Made Whole] - She guest-posted on here a few weeks ago. She always shares great music and her vulnerability with the blogging community is fresh. 
6. Koko aka Kaila [Fashion Birthmark] - One of my favorite fashion blogs. She's also so cute and friendly. 

I'm supposed to share 5 facts about myself.... so here you go!
1. I love eating wings. I once ate 20 but I don't think I could ever do that again. 
2. I have two tattoos and am on the fence about starting a quarter-sleeve. Yes? No? We'll see. 
3. I'm a walking miracle - When I was 5 I had surgery 3 times to prevent paralysis in my lower body for a disease that's more common for adults than children. God is good!
4. My parents are missionaries to... CANADA.
5. Here are a few cities/provinces/countries I've been to: Canada (BC, Albert, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I, Newfoundland), USA (Cali, Texas, Maine, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana), Singapore, Bolivia (Santa Cruz, Samaipata), Japan (Oita), Bangladesh (Dhaka, Jessore), Mexico (Mexico City), South Korea (Seoul, Daegu, Gwangju, Busan). I thought I didn't travel a lot, but I don't think I can say that anymore. 





7 comments:

  1. Love this post!! Your tattoos have such lovely meanings, love the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thank you so much, Hannah! So, I've never gotten a blog award, what exactly am I supposed to do? (hehe... I feel silly asking that, but, oh well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the nomination, hannah!! i would never have guess you had those tattoos! haha. before the pic i was thinking, oh she probably has a couple of small ones haha. i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl, thank you so much for the nomination, you are so sweeet!! :) and awesome pictures, i love the second with of the kid on the couch with the white freedom on it, soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow! thank you hannah!! that is so so kind of you! i can't wait to finally meet you this summer [dear Lord, give us a matching free weekend!]

    thank you so much hannah - i'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the shout-out and those very kind words! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I thought I didn't travel a lot, but I don't think I can say that anymore."

    LOL! This made me smile because I say I don't travel much... and I don't! I've not been outside the U.S. The most "exciting" place I've been is Alaska. :-)

    Thanks SO much for the follow and the comment - stop by often, Hannah. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)