Monday, January 30, 2012

why art matters || faith

Last night I decided to share my blog with my close friends and family. I get a bit nervous knowing that people I'm close to are reading my blog. If you know my history of blogging, I used to be an avid one. Just for personal reason. Then I got super conscious of everything or anything that I'd share on the internet. So having this official blog is the first step of getting over my fear of what others think and finding validation from others and to keep going.

Then I woke up to this. It was confirmation and encouragement to keep going. Always.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 ESV


ART BRINGS VIBRANCE and beauty to our lives. Creativity is both a fully human and fully divine experience. It is an acknowledgement that something eternal and full of truth lies behind the temporal world in which we live. It focuses our eyes on the pain around us, the injustice in front of us, the joy abounding within us and the pull we feel towards meaning and significance. 

In today's society though, real art is slowly becoming less and less present. Our generation experiences art as a constant stream of marketing. Creativity is now harnessed to push product. When we only experience art in advertisements, web-sites, brands and logos, we lose the invaluable ways that it helps us understand who we are and what life is all about.

Humanity is losing a vital connection to God and to our souls when the arts begin to become unworthy in society. Creating a church environment where the arts are more appreciated and funded is part of honoring the God-given gift of creativity that lives inside us all. There are tons of ways for churches and artists to work together towards spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. (From Relevant Magazine's Devotions)




5 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog!!! If you have a chance, please check out/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thanks so much in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colossians 2:6-7 "6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're sharing your blog. You have a gift that should be shared with as many people as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah - your new blog looks great! Enjoy the outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so true. i hadn't thought about the fact that art is so closely related to marketing much of the time. just found your blog today! i really like it :]

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)